Masks must be worn by everyone at all times (regardless of vaccination status) at all times while in the venue. See the “Additional Policies” sections below for more details.
Other COVID-19 related health protocols may include (but not limited to) required temperature checks, testing, confirmation of prior travel to restricted areas and/or confirmation of no known symptoms of and exposure to COVID-19. As conditions change, we may need to change our protocols based on public health guidelines and applicable law. If we make changes to our protocols, we will send an update to ticket holders by email, post an update on our social media channels, and update this website.
Any ticket holder who does not follow any of these COVID-19 protocols may be asked to leave the theatre, and their ticket will not be refunded. If you have accessibility questions or need additional assistance related to the venue’s COVID-19 policies, please email us at Broadway@PortlandOpera.org or call us at 503-417-0573 Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Masks will be required for all patrons, in all sections, except when actively eating or drinking. Children under 5 will not be permitted in the theatre.
Bandanas, gators and face shields are not acceptable. No exceptions.
Ticket Holder Risks and Updated Policies
- It is common knowledge that an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. By attending Broadway in Portland events, all staff, crew, performers, company members, and audience members voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
- Please note that dates, programming, artists, ticket policies, donor benefits, and COVID-19 safety protocols and requirements are subject to ongoing change or cancellation.
- We will reassess this policy on an ongoing basis. We reserve the right to change, adopt and enforce safety measures as needed.
- Failure to comply with safety procedures outlined by management may result in your removal from Broadway in Portland performances or events.
- Guests with accessibility questions, or who require additional assistance related to these COVID policies may email Broadway@PortlandOpera.org or call 503-417-0573 | M-F, 8a – 4p.
We’ve stepped up our cleaning game to ensure a healthier environment for our guests.
Hand Sanitizing Stations
We’re making it easy to wash your hands frequently by adding more hand sanitizing stations throughout the venue.
Your phone is your ticket to get in. We encourage you to use a debit or credit card at the box office when buying tickets.
Upgraded Air Filtration
For superior air quality, we’ve upgraded our HVAC systems to maximize outside airflow and enhanced filtration.
Employees, crew, volunteers, and vendors will be required to wear masks at all times.
Employees and volunteers will be subject to daily health screenings for symptoms of COVID-19.
An inherent risk of exposure to Covid-19 exists in any place where people gather. Covid-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. You assume all risks, hazards, and dangers arising from or relating in any way to the risk of contracting Covid-19 or any other communicable disease or illness, or a bacteria, virus or other pathogen capable of causing a communicable disease or illness, whether occurring before, during, or after the event, however caused or contracted, and voluntarily waive all claims and potential claims against Ticketmaster, Live Nation, The John Gore Organization, Inc., John Gore Theatrical Group, Inc. d/b/a Broadway Across America, the Venue, the Presenter, the Event, the Event Producers, and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, sponsors, successors and assigns and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents.