Portland Group Polices and Procedures
Contract & Payment Procedures
- A “group” is defined as 10 or more people attending the same performance of any given production (with the exception of THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA and WICKED, both of which require a minimum of 15 people per performance to qualify for group sales).
- The group sales department will provide the best seat allocations in the corresponding prices level available at the time of order; any special seating requests should be addressed at this time.
- A contract will be issued upon order placement. A signed copy of the contract must be received along with a 25% non-refundable deposit within two weeks of placing your order. Please note that WICKED requires a 50% non-refundable deposit within 30 days of placing your order.
- Deposits are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Final payment is due no later than 8 weeks prior to the opening date of the show.
- Failure to submit deposits or final payment by the due date will result in releasing the hold on your seats and the forfeit of your deposit. This policy will be strictly enforced.
- Tickets will be mailed to the address on file upon receipt of full payment.
- Group prices include applicable discounts when available, a $4.00 facility fee and a $3.25 service fee.
- Some shows offer one complimentary ticket with a purchase of 40+ tickets; please ask us when submitting payment if this applies to your group.
- Due to the nature of theatrical bookings, prices, performance, artist and times are subject to change or cancellation without notice.
Adding & Reducing Seats
- Prior to submitting final payment, a group may reduce the number of seats reserved as long as their total number stays above the group minimum. A group may add additional seats depending on availability (additional deposit may be required).
- Final payment can be made at any time. After final payment has been tendered, no refunds, exchanges, or cancellations can be made.
- If cancellation is necessary before a deposit has been paid, there will be no charge. If a group should fall below the minimum group number for a particular show, the contract is canceled and the deposit is retained.
- The group leader is responsible for collecting all payments for the group order. Deposit payment and final payment should be made with one check or credit card each. A $3.25 per check service fee will be imposed on orders paid with multiple checks.
- Payments may be made by cash, check, or credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express).
- Purchase orders cannot be accepted as valid forms of payment.
- Checks may be made payable to “Portland Opera Presents”
- Payments can be mailed to: Broadway Across America Portland, Attention: Group Sales, 211 SE Caruthers St., Portland, Oregon, 97214
- By email: email@example.com
- By Fax: 503-241-4212
- If you would like to make a payment in person, please call 503-295-3509 to schedule an appointment.
- Group leaders are required to provide a seating assignment form, with group member names and their seat locations, to the group sales department no later than one week prior to the show. This documentation will be the only back-up for lost or misplaced tickets for members of your group.
- Group leaders accept full responsibility for the tickets and ticket distribution.